Nouveau Art Deco Ink Pen in Gold TN and Black TN
Pen Fittings are designed by accomplished pen designer David Broadwell, this pen comes to life with custom casted 3-D Art Deco design components and premium plating. All exposed accent rings, bands and caps include elegant custom casted 3 dimensional Art Deco designs. You will find the pen has an ideal weight and balance to it and also gives smooth writing with a Parker style refill. This ballpoint ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Segmented material, Cherry with Redheart Maple and Redheart Veneers, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Art Deco Ink Pen Gold TN and Black TN Plating
- All components are cast, polished and plated with a durable Gold T/N and Black plating. This is titanium oxide molecularly bonded (PVD). This plating is unbelievably hard and durable. It will last for many, many years.
- Includes spires and starbursts that characterize the Art Deco period.
- Pen clip features unique Art Deco design and a radiant Swarovski Crystal
- The cap is 3-D cast with intricute Art Deco detail
- The Pen Band is cast and gold plated with Art Deco detail
Art Deco Style Pens Segmented Finish
The segmented serpentine wood makes just fantastic pens as the high contrast veneers swirl and weave their way around the blank. Each blank will have its own unique pattern of undulations. Segmented wood consists of Cherry with Redheart Maple & Redheart Veneers
Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Black and Gold TN
- Material – Segmented wood – Cherry with Redheart Maple and Redheart Veneers
- Color – Brown with rust and cream colors in serpentine
- Length – 5-1/4 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .375 inch
- Weight – 1.9 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Tip
- Pen Operation – Twist pen top to extend and retract
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker Style, Upgraded to a Schmidt 9000 black ink refill
Handmade ink Pen Highlights
- Made in the USA
- Classic Twist Style ink pen, great weight and balance
- Ballpoint pen, writes smoothly and easily
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the picture shown above
- Includes ink - ready to use
- Includes case with clear plastic top
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on Inkpot Pens are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All pens are put in a hard plastic case and shipped in a padded envelope including pen instructions and all certifications as required.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added. The pen comes with your choice of ink color and a hard plastic case. Replacement ink can easily be found at most office supply stores.