Ink Pen in Gatsby Style in Gold with Gun Metal and Spalted Maple
Classic style ink pen with the Gatsby flair and elegance.The Gatsby ink pen is Classic, Durable and has an extremely smooth pen mechanism. This is the Gatsby Grand version which is a bit larger diameter than some pens. You will find the ink pen has an ideal weight and balance to it and also gives smooth writing with a Parker style refill. This twist style ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Spalted Maple Wood has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Gatsby Ink Pens 24K Gold and Gun Metal Plating
The 24kt gold fittings offer a bright pure gold plating that will give your pen a rich and luxurious look. Our 24kt gold uses a "premium rack plating" process and is covered with an epoxy coating for extreme durability. Our Gunmetal plating is the color of slightly grey satin Chrome. It consists of black nickel plated over brass or other substrate metals.
Gatsby Ink Pens Spalted Maple Wood
This is not a particular species of maple, but rather a FIGURE of maple. Spalted maple typically has the "classic black-line" spalting that is exactly what most people think of when they think of spalting. The unique coloration of Spalted Maple is caused by pigmentation fungi that either bleach/lighten or stain darker the patches of the wood they affect. The meandering outlines around these patches are zone lines, and they represent the barriers that the fungi erected to protect their resources. Although spalting can be introduced artificially, all of our spalted blocks have developed the figure through natural processes. .
Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – 24K Gold and Gun Metal
- Material – Wood – Spalted Maple
- Color – Browns and Creams
- Length – 5-1/8 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .420 inch
- Weight – 1.5 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Cap
- Pen Operation – Twist pen to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint, Blue Gel or Red Gel your choice
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker Style
Handmade ink Pen Highlights
- Made in the USA
- Classic Twist Style ink pen, great weight and balance
- Ballpoint pen, writes smoothly and easily
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the picture shown above
- Includes ink - ready to use
- Includes case with clear plastic top
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on Inkpot Pens are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All pens are put in a hard plastic case and shipped in a padded envelope including pen instructions and all certifications as required.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added. The pen comes with your choice of ink color and a hard plastic case. Replacement ink can easily be found at most office supply stores.