Ink Pen in Gatsby Style in Chrome and Blue Acrylic
Classic style ink pen with the Gatsby flair and elegance. The Gatsby ink pen is Classic, Durable and has an extremely smooth pen mechanism. This is the Gatsby Grand version which is a bit larger diameter than some pens. You will find the ink pen has an ideal weight and balance to it and also gives smooth writing with a Parker style refill. The Acrylic material, Inlace Blue, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Gatsby Ink Pens Chrome Plating
Chrome plating is extremely durable plating. Under normal use, this plating should hold up for many, many years. Chrome is durable, beautiful and the choice of many of our customers. It is a "go to" plating.
Gatsby Ink Pens Acrylic
The ink pens color, Inlace Blue, is a tough form of plastic for pens and pencils. It is available in an almost endless number of colors, patterns and textures. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Chrome and Gun Metal
- Material – Acrylic – Inlace Blue
- Color – Mottled Blues with Iridescence
- Length – 5-1/8 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .420 inch
- Weight – 1.5 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Cap
- Pen Operation – Twist pen to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint, Blue Gel or Red Gel your choice
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker Style
Handmade ink Pen Highlights
- Made in the USA
- Classic Twist Style ink pen, great weight and balance
- Ballpoint pen, writes smoothly and easily
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the picture shown above
- Includes ink - ready to use
- Includes case with clear plastic top
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on Inkpot Pens are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All pens are put in a hard plastic case and shipped in a padded envelope including pen instructions and all certifications as required.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added. The pen comes with your choice of ink color and a hard plastic case. Replacement ink can easily be found at most office supply stores.