Handmade Cigar Ink Pen in Chrome/Gold Finish
This is a special Ultra variation of the ever popular Cigar ballpoint pen. This beautifully sculpted Cigar style ink pen makes the perfect gift. Get your hands on this bold, large, powerfully built writing instrument, perfect for someone who wants a larger heavier pen with substance. This Ink Pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Spalted Tamarind has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a satin shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Cigar Pens Chrome/Gold Plating
Chrome plating is extremely durable plating. Under normal use, this plating should hold up for many, many years. Chrome is durable, beautiful and the choice of many of our customers. It is a "go to" plating. Pen includes 24K Gold areas for contrast. The 24kt gold fittings offer a bright pure gold plating that will give your pen a rich and luxurious look.
Ballpoint Pens Spalted Tamarind Finish
Spalted Tamarind is a beautiful exotic wood often found lying on the forest floor. The rotting effect on Tamarind creates the spalted look that varies from piece to piece. Spalting is a by-product of the rotting process that is carried out by a vast array of stain, mold and decay fungi, that are found naturally on the forest floor. When the temperature and humidity are right, spalting can cause many different and beautiful patterns in rotting wood. Before turning, the wood is stabilized, to ensure hardness and durability.
Handmade Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Chrome/Gold Finish
- Material – Wood – Spalted Tamarind
- Color – Cream with Black Figuring
- Length – 5-1/2 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .596 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Tip
- Pen Operation – Twist top and bottom halves to extend and retract
- Weight – 2.0 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint, Blue Gel or Red Gel your choice
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker Style
Handmade ink Pen Highlights
- Made in the USA
- Classic Twist Style ink pen, great weight and balance
- Ballpoint pen, writes smoothly and easily
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the picture shown above
- Includes ink - ready to use
- Includes case
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on Inkpot Pens are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All pens are put in a hard plastic case and shipped in a padded envelope including pen instructions and all certifications as required.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added. The pen comes with your choice of ink color and a hard plastic case. Replacement ink can easily be found at most office supply stores.